This week we announced the speakers and sewing prefects for The Sewing Weekender. We also joined Snapchat, come and follow us! Details this week were released for One Week, One Pattern, starting in September. Also have a look at the new pattern releases, there have been loads! We’ve included upcoming events for August and new sewing book releases to look out for until the end of the year.
Pamela is based in Sydney Australia and blogs at Antipodean Stitcher where she shares her sewing projects. Pamela’s most recent make is the Papercut pattern Bowline sweater! You can follow Pamela on The Fold Line @antipodeanstitcher
- Elena at Randomly Happy makes the two new patterns from True Bias – Emerson skirts and Ogden cami @randomly_happy
- Zoe at So, Zo releases the Cordelia maternity camisole pattern. @sozoblog
- Fiona at Diary of a Chainstitcher makes an Anna Sui floral Kielo wrap dress @diaryofachainstitcher
- Elisalex at By Hand London releases the Charlie dress. @elisalex
- Karen at Did you make that? takes part in the Big Vintage Sew along and makes a Butterick B5880. @didyoumakethat
- Tilly from Tilly and the Buttons shares your Marigold jumpsuit makes. Read more reviews of the Marigold here.
- Marie at A Stitching Odyssey posts a guest post as part of #VintagePledge from By Gum, By Golly @a-stitching-odyssey
- Katie from What Katie Sews makes a StyleArc Celine dress.
- Janene at Ooobop makes a self drafted blue half circle skirt @ooobop
- Jennifer from Jennifer Lauren Handmade announces a new sewing pattern will be coming soon – the Gable top.
- Heather at Closet Case Files makes a vintage Simplicity 5315.
- Colette post about sewing parties.
- Christine Haynes posts Lottie dress hack 1: tutorial.
- Lauren at Ladybird posts OAL2016: My finished outfit. @lladybird
- Megan Nielsen posts A date night Reef camisole. Find out more about the Reef camisole here.
- NEW: Gabby of Gabberdashery: Vlog 12: Gabby & Megan make a bra…lette! @livingonashoestring
- NEW: Fancy Frugality: My sewing story: how I learnt to sew
- Helen of Stitch My Style: July sewing plans now up on the vlog @stitchmystyle
- NEW: Lisa of Sew Over It: New pattern, the Rosie dress
- Seamwork Radio 12: The Learning Process with Joost De Cock
- While She Naps Podcast: #77 Amy Marson, Publisher of C&T
- NEW: Modern Sewciety #95 Meg Healy of Burdastyle
- NEW: Elise gets Crafty #101 On the 100 day project
- NEW: Craft-Ish Episode 17: Illustrator, Deborah Green
- NEW: Crafty Planner #75 Lea Redmond
Rochelle New – Pixie Wallet
Designer Stitch – Kerry Capelet
- Creative Industry posts a tutorial about creating your own modern bunting.
- Bloomsbury Square Fabrics have a range of gorgeous Liberty print bias bindings.
- Fabrics Galore have loads of new animal print fabrics in stock.
- Book your place now at the Create Escape for The Evening Escape! on 31st August.
- Check out the new fabrics at FabricHQ this week including sustainable Hoffman modern batiks.
- Check out the new fabrics and July knit picks at Girl Charlee including pineapples!
- On the blog Elephant in My Handbag post new fabrics, craft kits and tutorials with animal prints and superheroes!
- Stock up for Halloween with a whole new range of prints at Fabric punk.
- A date for your diary, Cloth & Candy will be at the Handmade fair, September 16-18th.
- At Designer Stitch Ann blogs about Blocking your interfacing.
- Lots of new remnant fabrics for sale at Celtic Fusion Fabrics.
- New lines added to the sale at The Draper’s Daughter.
- Tula pink hardware now back in stock at The Crafty Mastermind.
- Sew Over It release the Rosie dress pattern.
- Find out what’s new at The Village Haberdashery including Joie de Vivre by Bari J, signed copies of From Stitch to Style and new Kona scrap rolls.
- Lovely organic cotton flannels for your little ones at At Maud’s Fabric Finds.
- Josie at Fabric Godmother has a new range of Italian runway printed cotton and viscose fabrics.
One week, one pattern (OWOP) is a sewing challenge where participants wear variations on one pattern every day for a week. Find out more here from Hannah of Cinderellis Sews.
Check out our Social Calendar for the latest sewing meet-ups, textile and fashion exhibitions, jobs and craft fairs.
Robert Elms on Menswear, Fashion and Textile Museum, London. 4th August.
Festival of Quilts, NEC, Birmingham, 11th – 14th August.
Tapestry Weaving Introduction, Fashion and Textile Museum, London. 20th August.
Thread and Thrift with Mandy Pattullo, Chateau Dumas, France 20 – 27th August.
Couture techniques workshop, Fashion and Textile Museum, London. 27th August.
Tag events or blogs you’ve discovered this week with #sewreporter
- No patterns needed: DIY Couture from Simple shapes by Rosie Martin. 18th July.
- By the Bundle: from precast to patchwork by Emma J. Jensen. 31st July.
- Cutting and draping party and evening wear by Dawn Cloake. 11th August.
- Natural Colour: vibrant plant dye projects for your home and wardrobe. 7th September.
- Wild things to make by Kirsty Hartley. 25th August.
- Modern Heritage Quilts by Amy Ellis. 28th August.
- The Quilt block cookbook by Amy Gibson. 1st September.
- Pompom crafts by Alison Howard. 7th September.
- Stitched textiles: birds by Rachel Sumner. 11th October.
- Rag rugs, pillows and more: over 30 ways to upcycle fabric for the home by Elspeth Jackson. 13th October.
- A beginners guide to making skirts by Wendy Ward. 13th October.